- Accuracy of Operating Potential
- Accuracy of Irradiation Time
- Total filtration
- Linearity of mA/mAs loading Stations
- Consistency of radiation output
- Half Value Layer (HVL) Measurement
- Performance of imaging phantom
- Radiation Leakage level from external surface of x-ray tube housing
- Area surveillance
Mammography is the process of using low-energy X-rays to examine the human breast and is used as a diagnostic and a screening tool.The goal of mammography is the early detection of breast cancer,typically through detection of characteristic masses and/or micro-calcifications.
WHAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC NEED TO KNOW
Get the mammography procedures done only in hospitals/facilities having registration from AERB.
WHAT THE OWNER/EMPLOYER/RADIATION SAFETY OFFICER NEED TO KNOW:
- Only AERB Type approved X-ray equipment shall be installed/used
- AERB Registration certificate will be displayed noticeably at the reception counter.
- Quality Assurance tests of the mammography equipment is carried out periodically and after any maintenance,and the records are maintained.
- CR and DR detection systems should be preferably used
- If film-based system is used,film auto-processor should be
- Preferably all filter-target combinations should be present,by design, in the mammography equipment.
WHAT THE DOCTOR & RADIOGRAPHER NEED TO KNOW:
- The operators are required to use the benefit of the 2 m wire given along with the exposure switch when the control board in provided on the column of mammography quipment.
- Operator should always work behind the barrier.
- Viewing box requirements for mammography should be of double the luminescence(lux) required for general purpose radiography and the illumination where the viewing box is kept should be minimum.